Open to collaborate on interesting and relevant global public health research projects
- To support program oriented research activities in the field of infectious disease epidemiology, with primary focus on applied mathematical modeling and strategic planning of malaria interventions in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Maximized intervention impact to reduce burden of infectious diseases based on best-informed decision-making processes in a given setting.
- To contribute to an open environment that allows learning from each other and support each other to grow.
- To produce high quality and reliable output by working strategically, communicate regularly and review work critically.
- To continuously strive towards progress and improvement.
- To grow a professional and interdisciplinary network working in global infectious diseases and find ‘win-win collaborations’.
- To share research outcomes and results with the scientific community by publishing journal papers or reports.
- To apply ‘integrated health’ and ‘health in all policies’ approaches or mentality and reduce `‘working in silos’.
Value and skills that I bring
- Expertise in infectious disease epidemiology and public health, particularly in malaria.
- Extensive experience in data management, analysis, visualization and communication.
- Technical skills in R, Python, Stata, SPSS, QGIS, LaTeX, Batch scripting, HPC
- Natural integration into teams to work towards achieving shared goals.
- Creative and proactive mindset to push activities forward.
If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together African proverb